Re: Driveshaft bolt removal or how do you get the #@%* things

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driveshaft bolt removal or how do you get the #@%* things
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 20:12:46 -0500 (CDT)
On 08/06/99 17:50:24 you wrote:

>Hay pal,
>
>  I resemble that Yugo remark!  ;^)  I have an '88 Yugo GV that gets
>better gas mileage than any MGB and has air conditioning to boot.  It's
>not much fun tho.....
>
>  What seems to be the problem?  We have several guys who claim they can
>drop the drive shaft in 5 minutes flat. Honest.

Not five minutes but no longer than 15. I jack up the rear end ( and place
jackstands under rear
axle housing). I then place the car in 1st gear to stop the shaft from turning.
Can usually loosen
two front and two back. Take car out of gear and rotate to where the remaining
4 (two on each
end)are accessable and then place car back in gear. At the rear I use two box
wrenches and in the
front only one is needed.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch