Re: wire wheel repair

To: Dan Terlizzi <dt37@umail.umd.edu>
Subject: Re: wire wheel repair
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:07:29 -0500
Dan Terlizzi wrote:

> Hello--
>
> I have to replace several broken spokes on a wire wheel from my 72 MGB.
> I would appreciate any pointers on this repair. Thanks very much in
> advance--in several months of lurking I have learned a great deal from
> this knowlegeable and friendly group.

This may be "neanderthaler" advice, since it was the technique I used on
the MGA I raced at Mosport back in 1964. I just removed the old spoke,
installed the new one and tapped on it as I tightened it until it made a
similar note to the other spokes, like tuning a piano. It always worked
for me.

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com