RE: wire wheel repair

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: wire wheel repair
From: John Walker <john@rmartin.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 16:35:32 -0700
(trying desperately not to be rude but...)
What exactly are you doing that you are breaking spokes on your chrome
wheels every year???
My car has the original factory painted wires, I drive the car fairly
aggressively
and I have never broken a wire. (Knock on wood).

If I bought new chrome wire wheels, barring an accident, I would expect
them to last
pretty much forever.

What am I missing??

-JW

At 02:52 PM 8/18/99 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>It's true that even Santa Cruz Wire Wheel will tell you that, now (they
>no longer accept wheels for repair, apparently). But just compare the
>cost of 1 or 2 spokes and an hour's time to the cost of a new wire
>wheel...
>
>...you pretty much HAVE to do it yourself. And I can't see buying one or
>two new wheels a year, chrome ones at that... I'm not Bill Gates, yet --
>jeez!
>
>MHO, of course.

        John Walker
     john@rmartin.net