Re: wire wheel repair

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: wire wheel repair
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 19:08:06 -0500
John Walker wrote:

> (trying desperately not to be rude but...)
> What exactly are you doing that you are breaking spokes on your chrome
> wheels every year???
> My car has the original factory painted wires, I drive the car fairly
> aggressively
> and I have never broken a wire. (Knock on wood).
>
> If I bought new chrome wire wheels, barring an accident, I would expect
> them to last
> pretty much forever.
>
> What am I missing??

Must concur; I raced a season and a half at Mosport on old painted wire
wheels in 1964 & 65 (MGA 1600) and never broke a spoke. I replaced about
five before the first season started and also "tuned" them up.

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/6437/racing.html

-Rock
--
Rocky, JJ Cale Band & Pratchett Books: http://www.rocky-frisco.com