Re: Reliability

To: Don Walton <dhw@pinehurst.net>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reliability
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 15:08:53 -0400 (EDT)
I used to own a Nissan, which was great, and now have a Toyota, which is
also good.  I just got a Saab 9000, and I've always been a fan of Saabs,
although I only have had it for a week and was following a dump truck and
had a rock go through the windshield, but I can't blame that on the Saab... :)

We also have a Dodge Caravan, and although I never liked the American cars,
they are pretty easy to get fixed and generally have not been much trouble.

I'd say my favorites are Nissan and Saab, and for interesting I'd prefer a
Saab, although I must say that a former mechanic of mine told me that SAAB
stands for Something's Almost Always Broken. I can't say they are the most
reliable, but they are my favorite after MGs.  Probably the Nissan or the
Toyota have been the best for reliability for us.  I took my Nissan to 180k
miles before I had to get a new engine, and my Toyota Paseo has nearly
100k, but it only seems like 30k.  Runs great (although the Paseo model
itself isn't my favorite).

- Tab