Re: Locking shifter?

To: "Dan Pockrus" <dpockrus@efficient.com>, "'MG list'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Locking shifter?
From: "wizardz" <wizardz@maxinter.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 1999 17:35:04 -0400
... don't know about a locking shifter for an MG...
but to stop the 'pushing'
they do make a brake lock. It's a plunger switch that
once you place your foot on the brake, you push in the switch and
it holds the rear brakes via hydraulic pressure.
I believe J.C. Whitney still sells them.
Some high end car alarm systems use a solenoid (electric)
version as well.
You can mount the switch under the under or behind the seat.
Most people will never figure out why the brakes are locked up.

Paul Tegler
1973 MGBGT - daily driver
1980 Spitfire - in re-hab
1978 Spitfire - in superb Shape