Re: '73 B- alum. or cast iron wtr pump?

To: "don" <brgmgb@napanet.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: '73 B- alum. or cast iron wtr pump?
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 08:29:14 -0000
I also have a 73 and replaced the pump a few years ago, I was sold an alloy
one, and a couple of years later I noticed it had started to drip
occasionally - not impressed.  With a trip to France coming up I bought
another, this time cast iron, and was assured by the vendor that it was the
correct one for the car.  I trust him, as he always points out what parts I
have bought have been OE and which repro (because he can't get the OE)
unlike the other vendor (a 'household' name in MG circles) who has
repeatedly sold me faulty and incorrect parts, even trying to pass off
inferior repros as OE.

If your two pumps are like mine I suspect the alloy one is a poor repro and
the cast iron the pukka item.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/
(or if that URL doesn't work try   )