'73 B- alum. or cast iron wtr pump?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: '73 B- alum. or cast iron wtr pump?
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 17:59:27 -0800 (PST)
Hello:

I am slowly renovating my '73 B GT.  I probably have all of 300 miles on the
engine- it's been sitting much more than it gets driven.  I noticed a puddle
under the car today.  Coolant from the water pump.  The pump that is on it
is aluminum.  I have a new one of cast iron in my spares (1986, from the
British newspapers it's wrapped in).

Does anyone know which is correct for my car or if there is an advantage of
one type over the other?

Thank you.

Don Scott

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/