MG Decision to make

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG Decision to make
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 00:18:41 -0400
Bob -

I don't want to offend any Midget owners - it is a void in my life that I
really do need to address.  But... buy the GT!   If you've read the recent
thread on GTs you know that the MGB GT is about the most lovable little
workhorse that has ever hit the collector-car market.  Buy it and never
look back.  You'll never regret it.  BTW, unless it's a rust-bucket, $1800
is a steal.

Let's put it this way - if you don't by the GT,  please let me know where
it is - I'd be interested.  If you don't buy the Midget...

Allen

>From: BOB HILL <oldcars@newt.vallnet.com>
>To: mgs@autox.team.net
>Subject: MG Decision to make
>
>Well I am at a crossroads now as to what to do.  I made an offer on a 77
>Midget a couple of weeks ago and the lady turned me down.  It needed some
>work but for $500 I felt it was a great little car to start with.  Well
>she called this afternoon and wants to take my offer now but here is the
>problem, I have found a 73 MGB GT that is a real nice car for $1800.  It
>needs a few little things but is perfectly drivable as it is.  Here is the
>problem - the wife will not let me buy both so I need to decide if I pay
>$500 for the Midget and spend the extra fixing it up or buy the GT and
>have it ready to go immediately.
>
>I know this is kind of like comparing apples and oranges but if it were
>you, which would  buy?  Any advice would be appreciated
>
>Bob

         Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<
         Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs
         New Castle, VA 24127