RE: Another one bites the dust

To: douglas wilson <dfwilson@netcom.ca>
Subject: RE: Another one bites the dust
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2000 16:52:19 -0800
Doug:

        Lucky?????  I don't call crawling around on top of a wobbly carport
trying to bang nails in quietly at 10 pm lucky.  Then having to climb down
to put the clothes in the dryer.  Shopping Home Depot at lunch time so that
I can commute from work with 16' timbers on the roof of my truck.  MMmmm
spending seven hours on the road delivering my transmission to someone I
can't afford to pay, because I don't have the time for the learning curve.

        Let's see.  I started building my V6 MGB GT in 1983.  The main
reason I am junking it is that I never got it finished.  Put jillions of
miles on it, but the heater still doesn't work and the dash top never did
get covered.  It's got to go as I have put oodles of time into it lately and
it still ain't right.  Better to start over with a clean bare shell and a
V8, which is what I originally wanted to do.

        Yes, I'm lucky.  I have an adequate supply of Motrin, and the use of
a hot tub that is on loan to me.   And my dog loves me.

        Did I mention my girlfriend lives 300 miles away and when she comes
to visit mows the lawn  "so I can have more time to work on the cars".

Kelvin.   It's 5pm and time to drive 1 hour home and climb on the roof
again.

        BTW.  I am looking forward to meeting many more of you folks this
year.