Re: MG's bad in rain

To: JTPAKI@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MG's bad in rain
From: RobMGB@aol.com
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 08:34:27 EST
In a message dated 3/4/00 1:11:23 AM Eastern Standard Time, JTPAKI@aol.com
writes:

<< The problem with the B is in
 heavy rain with water on the highway (motorway) and if you travel for a good
 distance without using the brakes they get wet and will not work for a
couple
 of seconds until the water is removed by contact >>
I to experienced this one rainey day in Fl driving down a country road. After
miles in the sloosh I was approaching an intersection. Fortunately I started
breaking early cause I had none when I first pressed petal.
The other possibility for "bad rain handling" may be rear wheel drive. Most
drivers now are used to front wheel drive. It is an advantage to have weight
over the drive wheels in the wet, even if it isn't as much fun.
robmgb