Breather Can

To: "MG Nuts" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Breather Can
From: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 21:40:22 -0000
Hi,

Just been reading some stuff on the MG Enthusiast's site about blocked
breather canisters causing oil use.
My '72 is using oil but there is no evidence of leakage past the seals or at
the dipstick. I've not yet tested the compressions but the car only seems to
use oil in traffic; a good blast will clear some oil from the exhaust but
then it stops-there's no persistent visible burning.

So, can a blocked breather cause blowby in the bores w/o causing the leakage
of liquid oil elsewhere?

Also, I understand the breather can is cleanable, if it is opened up and
then welded back together.

Anyone done this?

Thanks,

Dave Hill

Can I Telework for you? See what I do, at...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz4/davtel/index.html
Troubled by a phobia? Know someone who has one? Go to...
http://www.angelfire.com/de/ukphobias/index.html