Re: RE: Octain booster and compression ratios

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE: Octain booster and compression ratios
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 May 2000 10:10:48 EDT
In a message dated 5/18/00 1:02:13 PM, gb@the-bdc.com writes:

<<  One day I hope to find someone who sells real 104 octane racing
fuel.  I'll run a tank of that and see what happens. >>

Here's what some racers used to do, not sure they still do this:  Go to your
local general aviation airport with a 5-gallon can and have them fill it with
Avgas.  There used to be several higher octanes, but if my memory is correct
the common avgas is still 100 octane.  Word when I used to work at airports
was that they just mixed the avgas with regular gas, as running pure would
burn the pistons.  YMMV, and this is all hearsay.

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT
66 Mustang