Re: I did it!

To: "William Killeffer" <wtkilleffer@tn.freei.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I did it!
From: paul.hunt1@virgin.net
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 16:51:22 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: William Killeffer <wtkilleffer@tn.freei.net>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2000 4:30 AM
Subject: I did it!

> Does anyone know where I can find a good picture of the choke setup? My
> Haynes manual doesn't have very many carburator pix, so I don't know how
> reconnect the cable nor whether any of the parts are missing. I ordered a
> few other books, but if anyone else knows something, please let me know.
The
> car has dual SU's.

You might like to have a look at http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/linkage.htm
which has a couple of pictures of the linkages for twin HS4 SUs.

> Also, the brake lights don't work. The PO, who happens to be a mechanic,
> traced the fault to either the hazard switch or flasher. The switch was
> visibly broken and I've ordered another. If that doesn't work, what to
check
> next?

Nothing to do with (or it shouldn't at any rate) with hazards or turn
signals.  Have a look at http://www.mgb-stuff.org.uk/
and select 'Spanners', 'Electrics', 'Schematics', 'Lighting' and 'Brake
Lights'.

Enjoy.

PaulH.