Re: Took the Plunge!

Subject: Re: Took the Plunge!
From: "Richard Spurling" <hobbes@senet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:34:05 +1030
> Oh yeah, Richard... in case anyone from the Club asks... I am getting my
> new engine built to spec AS STOCK, STANDARD!  Just like all the other
> guys

Some years ago, when one of a pair of very competitive brothers in the club
put a V8 in a disgusting yellow B, his brother became suspicious. You see,
this yellow thing was beating the V8 TC everywhere on sheer grunt. "What
have you done to that motor?" was the cry - "I've only bored it out 20
thou" was the reply. And he had too. At the Christmas party, he relented
and told his brother that he had only bored the motor out 20 thou...and
added a long stroke crank. This was the first 4.2 litre V8 in Adelaide.

Cheers
Richard
76 B - and mine is stock, apart from the slight over bore, the reground cam
and the ported head, but it's all to factory specs - road rally specs that
is.

         Anne and Richard Spurling
 http://www.geocities.com/twisted-lines