Re: Seat Upholstery Questions

To: bkrueger@ici.net
Subject: Re: Seat Upholstery Questions
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:14:40 -0400
Bud,
  Better than contact cement is vinyl floor and trim adhesive.  It's just
as strong once dry, but you have a few minutes of slip for adjustment.
  That's the stuff we were using at Bob Lavezzoli's garage when we were
installing the Amco top.
  If you don't get dimensions for the wood, let me know and I'll go
measure those pieces in my GT.
Bob

On Thu, 05 Apr 2001 21:32:48 -0400 Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net> writes:
> It's resolved, I'm going to recover them myself, one at a time.
> Tonight I
> disassembled the backrest (excuse me, I meant to say 'squab') and
> read through
> the directions that came with the Moss kit.  Uh oh! I probably
> should have just
> green-thumbed it.  I'm not enthralled over the idea of using contact
> cement on
> components that are going to need to be shifted for best fit.
> Anyone have a
> suggestion for a better adhesive to use?  Any other hints and
> suggestions will
> be gratefully received.
>
> One more thing --- does anyone happen to have a set of dimensions
> for the wooden
> packing strips that go under the seat slides?  Mine are hopelessly
> distorted.
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Bud Krueger