RE: MGB aerodynamics

To: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: MGB aerodynamics
From: "Thomas Pokrefke" <pokrefke1@home.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 08:49:10 -0500
Perhaps not specifically on target with your question, but I uncovered an
interesting difference between the "Special Tuning" air dam and the original
factory mounted front valence back in college.

There was a long empty stretch of Mississippi two-lane country road between
school and my parent's house.  With the "Special Tuning" air dam, I was able
to max out at an indicated 90-95 mph.  With the factory front valence, I
maxed out at an indicated 103-105mph.  However, witht the front valence, I
noticed the rear of the car began, around 85 mph, to start to become
'light', as if the extra air under the car was unloading the back
suspension.  In the triple-digit-mph range, I was convinced that a
significant amount of weight had been removed from the rear suspension.

Thomas James Pokrefke, III
1970 MGB
pokrefke1@home.com
http:.//members.home.com/pokrefke1