Re: New owners information

To: philip_cleobury@am.exch.agilent.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New owners information
From: S & M Barnes <barnesms@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 09:32:56 -0500
> The price negotiated $2100 the car needs a total paint job, new floors on
> both sides, seats are not good, chrome is OK, dents in bonnet and boot..

Ouch, ouch, ouch!

My wife and I bought our 1965 roadster over a year ago, it needed new floors
both sides, new outer sills both sides and a new rear valence. The car came
with all the panels to complete (original Rover panels) two perfectly
restored pull handle doors, brand new chrome throughout, new hood, in fact
everything needed to complete the car except interior carpet set and trim
panels, seats are perfect.

The engine was rebuilt 4000 miles before we got it, suspension needs a new
set of bushes and one shock is bad. Everything else underneath the car is
fine.

We paid $400. That is a very low price and I won't attempt to put a value on
what you have described but to me $2100 seems WAY over the top.

Welcome to the States!

MikeB (another displaced Brit)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list