Re: Gas Prices

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gas Prices
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 11:08:10 -0600
Max,

Hey, I can look right out my window (here in Billings) and see the Conoco
refinery, even on a not so clear day. We also have two other refineries
here (Exxon and Cenex). Thats why we have some of the most expensive gas in
the area. Drive 100 miles from here and buy the same locally refined gas
for 10-15 cents cheaper.

And you probably thought all we had here in Montana were dental floss
bushes  (<= timely Zappa reference).

David

At 09:48 AM 4/26/2001 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>Ha ha. There was an item in the SF Chronicle this weekend. Regular unleaded
>averages $2.03 in SF... premium is $2.21... for some reason places like
>Boston and Billings MT are 50" cheaper. I know we have a lot of taxes, and a
>specific formulation for CA, but really -- you can actually see refineries
>across the bay from SF (on a clear day...) -- can you say that about Boston
>or Billings? It's obviously a big rip, but just as obviously this
>administration is not going to do a thing about it (in fact, is profiting
>enormously from it). Good luck.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list