Overdrive swap

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Overdrive swap
From: "K. Johnson" <mgaskew@aculink.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2001 17:36:34 -0600
I've seen a couple of posts, but none of the responses as to what it takes
to do
an overdrive swap.  I've got a 70B that I'm swapping the engine and tranny
out for a different engine and overdrive tranny.  Just what do I need to
have on hand and what am I gonna want half way into the event???  Should
the wiring for the overdrive all ready be in my car, if so where the heck
to I start looking for it???  I  know I should probably put a new clutch in
while it's out, but I don't think finances or gonna let me do that right
now....it also has a weber downdraft carb on it, and I know nothing about
these.  Would it be better to switch back to my SU's or just leave it as
is, since it was running before that way and then swap them out later if I
decide I don't want the weber???

TIA
Kathy
70B

PS - Larry Hoy - if the engine in it can make it, I plan on going to
Glenwood, can I pick your brain about this while I'm there???

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list