Re: Overdrive solenoid problem?

To: "Max Heim" <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Overdrive solenoid problem?
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 13:02:35 -0700
Max's theory does work. We've had several instances where the switch needed
to be moved closer by removing a washer, in order for it to function
correctly. We've also encountered switches which tested OK with an ohm-meter
and a test light, but which still did not activate the solenoid. Further
testing with a voltmeter showed that they must have been corroded internally
as they were passing only 4 or 5 volts. Replacement of the switch made the
solenoid operate and, therefore, the overdrive.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center