New MG's in America

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New MG's in America
From: Tomsaudi200@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 03:39:16 EDT
Ok, so I read the story at Speedvision.com. and looked at the pictures. I can
tell immediately this in NOT what America wants. A slightly re-worked Rover
will be a complete bomb in the States.

Need I remind you of the dismal failure of the Sterling brand of the late
80's, early 90's. This car was Rover's version of the Acura/Honda Legend.
Despite its Honda drivetrain and British charm, wood and leather, the car's
electronic gremlins were an atrocity, and it came as no shock to anyone when
they pulled out of the US market. I could buy one of these cars right now if
I looked for spare change underneath my sofa cushions.

There is little doubt, given all of the clubs and enthusiasm for the marque
that the US wants a new MG. But for Pete's sake, look at the MG's we drive.
They are either roadsters or GT coupes. An MG saloon will never work here,
and the new management are fools to think that they will.

The American MG fan has been begging for the MGF, and instead, we are being
offered a trio of rebadged Rover's. Well, we've already been there, done
that, and it failed. As for the Qvale Mangusta, well, it's an Italian design