Re: Ladies Riding Garb.

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ladies Riding Garb.
From: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:49:57 -0400
No, unless your seats are styled different (though I concede I don't sit as
high), but I've never had one blow off like that even at high speeds.

Remember that although you might have a back blast, you also have air
coming over the head pushing it down, so it tends to keep it on.  Not quite
as pronounced an affect when it's facing forward, so mine have always
stayed on.

Only real caveat is that if you drive more than 45mph in reverse that you
have to remember to rotate the cap again, lest it blow off in the other
direction. :)

At 11:10 AM 7/16/01 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
>I suppose I could try this (though I hate the look on me, and you lose the
>shade). But the backblast is just as strong as the slipstream, and a lot
>gustier... I suspect the brim would have the same tendency to elevate, just
>starting from the back.
>
>The problem is the cap has no grip on bundled-up hair. It relies on the
>strap running under the back point of the skull to keep it on. Those with
>whitewalls or advanced deforestation probably don't have this problem <g>.
>
>on 7/16/01 10:09 AM, Tab Julius at tab@penworks.com wrote:
>
> > At 09:40 AM 7/16/01 -0700, Max Heim wrote:
> >> Baseball cap: OK if you tighten the adjuster strap enough to hurt.
> Tends to
> >> let hair "blow out" the opening in the back if not tight enough. Never
> found
> >> a non-adjustable one big enough for my head.
> >
> > I like to wear baseball caps, but the trick is to wear it backwards (with
> > the "lid" in the back).  Otherwise the lid acts as a wing and causes it to
> > be airbound.
> >
> > I carried this over from skiing.  I'd like to use a baseball cap skiing but
> > once I reached a certain speed it would blow off, and I'd have to start
> > climbing back uphill.  So one day I turned it around and never had a
> > problem again.
> >
> > This way it doesn't need to be unusually tight either.
> >
> > - Tab

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list