Cupro-Nickel Brake Lines

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>,
Subject: Cupro-Nickel Brake Lines
From: prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca (preston smith)
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:11:28 -0300
Kelvin!

I live in Nova Scotia, Canada.  Nova Scotia, like many Canadian provinces,
does not recognize cupro-nickel as being a suitable material for brake
lines.  A number of us are trying to get this ruling changed so that our
vehicles will be able to pass the annual safety related Motor Vehicle
Inspection.

Are there any minimum standards that your brake lines must meet before you
get them from your suppliers?  Does Moss ask the suppliers to cite what
standards the cupro-nickel lines must meet?  Does Moss have copies of these
standards that I can get my hands on?  Alternatively, do you know where I
can find these standards.

As it stands now, any LBC with cupro-nickel lines can not be safety
certified so we badly need these standards (the governing standards and the
product's compliance with these standards)

Anything you can do to help will be much appreciated by NS LBC owners.

Preston

Betti Ann & Preston Smith
Head of St Margaret's Bay, NS
prsmith@ns.sympatico.ca