Running on one carburetor, How bad is that?

To: <mg-t@autox.team.net>
Subject: Running on one carburetor, How bad is that?
From: "Bob D." <bobmgtd@home.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 21:19:47 -0500
The wife and I took the TD to GOF Central this year, about 150 mile trip
from Kokomo where we live.The car seemed to run ok, until we hit some of the
steep hills down in southern Indiana. The hills brought the car to it's
knees. When we got back home, I discovered that the throttle shaft linkage
between the carbs had come loose. So the front carb was effectively out of
action. I'm amazed that the car ran as well as it did, though a bit on the
hot side (got up to about 210F). With the link tight again the car seems to
have it's power back and is running cooler. I'm wondering if this one carb
operation could have caused any damage. I figure the front cylinders were
getting some gas since the inlet manifold has the pipe connecting the two
carbs. Any opinions?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
Email - bobmgtd@home.com
52 MGTD - NEMGTR #11470