Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 11:40:58 -0700
Dynamically, with a timing light.

In this case, the marks don't go anywhere. You can just barely see the tip
of the TDC pointer, and if you stick your finger up behind the balancer
pulley, you can feel two or three more pointers out of sight. These would be
5, 10 and 15 degrees, I believe. Haynes says 10 degrees is correct for the
69. I scribed a mark back on the cover in line where I felt the 10 degree
pointer to be, to use for reference. (On this subject, is there a
possibility that the balancer has been replaced by one with a bigger
diameter?)

I didn't drive it, actually (it's not licensed yet), but both of us were in
my B for the British Car mag Drive to the Sea on Saturday, so we had a good
feel for how a "normal" stock CBB should drive.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149

///