Electrical connections get hot - your opinion / experience

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical connections get hot - your opinion / experience
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 02:42:27 -0400
Hi listers,

Mostly I'm quite comfortable with electricity and basicly for the issue I
have now I can find the solution as well, but like to know the best choice
from MG respective view.

This weekend I've been touring several times in darker times, so the lights
were on.
It all works fine, but some wiring connections under the dash become rather
hot.
It regards a moulded connector group, which are connecting many wires
together in one time.

As these are an integral part of the wiring loom, I never have replaced any
bit of it while restoring the BGT.
All other bullet connectors which were lose have been replaced and the black
receptacles were these fit into have been replaced alltogether. This
resulted in a never failing electrics sofar.

Now I'd like to know your opinions:
Should I cut these moulded connector groups off and replace these with new
separate new bullet connector joints?
Are there safe alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,