Re: The New MGX80

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: The New MGX80
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:07:16 EDT
To all,
To me when I think of an "MG" my mind automatically fixates itself on a
little 2 seat roadster image. Come on now fellahs (MG Designers) lately Mazda
has made a number of 2+ seat topless jobs, so have BMW, Mercedes-Benz, Jaguar
and (gulp!) Corvette. Why can't you guys at Rover-MG give US guys another
MGTC, MGA or  MGB type (MGR, MGF..?) Something we can call a sports car. I'm
sick of these economy sedans with the trick paint jobs fancy wheels and
flared exhausts! I want a 2 seat MG roadster! I myself never really even
appreciated those wonderful little Magnettes much less the MG 1100's, and I
can only take the MG/GT's for just so long until I go looking for something
to cut off the tops with! I'm an MG Roadster fan and never thought much about
getting an MG coupe nor an MG sedan.(well... an Airline PA, maybe!) But not
this semi fastback looking "thing" from The Rover MG Design Studio. And
you're so on target saying that its MG's "Fast and Furious" look. I looked
hard at the emblem on the frontal area, is that the Octagon? Sorry I couldn't
tell from my vantage point. Thats just me. I get used to things in a certain
way..Albert Escalante 1978 MGB roadster

Here look at it yourselves, thanks to Rick Brown>>
http://members.home.net/brown409/mgx80.htm<< (The New MGX80)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///