Re: The New MGX80

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: The New MGX80
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 23:36:36 -0600 (MDT)
Hmmm....  I did that.  I have a '94.  The first year with the bigger
engine.  (1.8l)

http://lundgren.denver.co.us/camera/2000/September/P9100573.JPG

It is faster than my B has a radio, heater and A/C.  (Wires are missing
from my harness for my heater switch, but all get to that after the gas
gauge and the engine rebuild.  :)

The both turn heads, but different ones.   I like the feel of the MG
more than the Miata, its more ruff around the edges I guess.

That and I put the engine in, the O/D transmission I hunted down.  I
redid the brake system, the clutch slave and master, the u-joints;
replaced the head with an AL head after it cracked, put a pertronix on
it, have a flat in the back because I haven't found anyone convenient
to fix it for me, put in a mild road cam, know how to gap the valves
and do the timing....

On the Miata I replaced a busted heater core hose.  I did have to drive
all over town to find a replacement, as the angles were to steep to use
a generic piece of hose, it needed to be formed.  Parts seem harder to
come by it seems for the Miata than the B.

I like both cars, but I will probably sell one eventually, and it will
be red.  It is hard to get to know something well when you only drive
it to and from work and never need to spend any quality time...

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net

///