Re: Uhaul Trailers

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Uhaul Trailers
From: "Scott Willis" <swillis@premiernet.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 17:15:48 -0800
My experiences have been good. I've been told to not pull the car facing
forward on a two wheeler but to pull it backward. I am not clear on the
damage or wear it may cause but I pulled my car to a show when I was having
mechanical problems and several "old timers" said I was causing damage to
either the differential or transmission. (These guys looked like they knew
what they were talking about). The guy I went to the show with said he'd
towed his A thousands of miles facing forward on a two wheeler and has not
had problems (yet). Can someone clarify the potential damage caused?
Thanks,
Scott
59 MGA
73 T140
(not a good mechanic but I keep them running well enough to have a good
time.....)