RE: Uhaul Trailers

To: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Subject: RE: Uhaul Trailers
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 20:17:29 -0700
The auto transporter - it works quite well. I towed a 65 B on one, pulled
by a Ford Explorer, from Wichita, Kansas to Billings, Montana. The wheels
slots are just narrow enough to accomodate a B with maybe six inches or so
to spare. The only problem is that due to the height of the wheel arches
(or whatever you call them), you probably will not be able to open the
doors all the way once its loaded on the transporter itself. A minor detail.

David

At 08:27 PM 2/27/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>    Yup, the towing thread.  Sorry about that.
>Geeze, it must almost be time for the annual spring
>oil cooler thread.  Only kidding...
>
>    I guess I was not clear in the original message. Stress
>and anxiety will sometimes do that.  The trailer that I
>was inquiring about is the auto transporter type.  This is a full
>platform with dual wheels and allows all four wheels
>of the vehicle in question to be off the ground.  They look
>pretty nice in the photos (Uhaul web site) and when I have
>seen them on the road.
>
>    I was just inquiring if anyone had rented them from Uhaul,
>the condition of the equipment, and how well they towed.
>I need to do about 375 miles of mostly highway with some
>secondary roads...
>
>    Comments ?
>
>       TIA
>
>      Safety Fast,