Re: seat alternative for MGB GT's.

To: james <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: seat alternative for MGB GT's.
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 01:24:31 -0600
james wrote:

> Well, the typical answer you will get will be Miata, they fit really well
> but most are reaching the age where they need to be recovered.  (clipped)

I hope you will be gentle in flaming and such, but I just had to
respond to this, all respect toward James of course, an innocent
bystander.

The first Miata I ever saw was in a Mazda showroom in Seattle in
1979, when "Gabriel" Fargo had abandoned his band in a motel parking
lot (me on piano) in South Seattle in the rain, 3000 miles from
home, with 1000 pounds of musical gear among us to try to get back
to Tulsa and Nashville. The leader of the cops Gabriel called "I
think these musicians I'm firing might have drugs on them" told him
"My brother is a drummer; I know exactly what you're doing; how
would you like me to beat the shit out of you, right here in this
parking lot?" and he was gone.

We bought an old Mercury Station Wagon and limped home.

The point is that to me, the Miata is still a new and partly
incomprehensible entity, something I'm still trying to categorize (I
really like them, which disturbs the hell out of me) and now I'm
hearing that they are often weather damaged and tatty.  That really
hurts.  ;)

I'm still operating at AGE: basic 14 years old.
Body: (true) 65
Perceived: 14
wrinkle count equivalent: 85
LBC quotient: (broken knuckles and torn skin) 15%
Percent investment in LBC obsession: 99.7 %
Admiration of opposite gender: 100 %
Willingness to discount LBC obsession to fulfill
 opposite gender admiration: 0%.
Resultant involvement in LBCs= 100 %
Resultant involvement in pair-bonding = 0 %

Satisfaction quotient = 100%

Guiness quotient of this post = (disallowed on account of ST.
Paddy's weekend).

Happy Merry etc.

-Rock  http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--