RE: seat alternative for MGB GT's.

To: "'Dan Furbish'" <BarnOwl@world.std.com>, "'mgs'"
Subject: RE: seat alternative for MGB GT's.
From: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 10:26:57 -0800
I haven't done it yet, but am planning on doing it sometime this
summer...

Fiero seats seem to be the simplest to swap into the MGB...

Here is a 'How-To' I came across on the net...

http://users2.cgiforme.com/mgbv8/messages/1.html

I have seen some pictures posted of what the conversion looks like after
it is done, but can't seem to find them now...

Wil
1969 MGB

Behalf
> Of Dan Furbish
> Sent: Monday, March 18, 2002 7:13 PM
> To: mgs
> Subject: seat alternative for MGB GT's.
>
> Hi All,         (purists won't like this subject-I'm sorry).
> I was wondering if anyone has any experience in installing
> upgraded-modern high backed seats in their 65-69 MGB GT.
>
> I look at the prices of quality manufactured seat kits, used
> reconditioned seats and New seats.
> To be honest I know it's "not the purist way to go" but I can't
> afford to go that root but I would like to get new seats, but I want
> them to look like they grew there.
>
> I've taken the measurements for Saturn seats, they recline,
> they have lumbar adjusters in them, they're very comfortable,
> they're made of durable materials they have lateral supports built
> into them etc, and their adjusters work easily. Saturn seats are 1"
too
> wide, I'm hoping someone else has looked into this and can
> tell me what year and model vehicle seats will fit my car.
> I was thinking I could get the charcoal gray/black color
> that would pretty much match my black carpeting.
>
> Dan
> 68 MGB GT
> in Massachusetts

///