Re: Question about rear damper links...

To: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>,
Subject: Re: Question about rear damper links...
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 10:36:33 -0700 (PDT)
Having just finished a month-long project to replace a broken shock link
on my '76 B....! I can speak with a little experience here. I don't think
the bolt should rotate - the one in the replacement link I purchased did
not. The old one on the car did, so I ended up hacksawing it off between
the 'ball' and the spring pan, then gringing away the edges of the bolt
left over and popping it out the back. But I don't know that this rotation
would cause any issue - unless there is something else wrong, why would
you remove it??

--- "Telewest (PH)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> I think this is 'normal', which is why I remove the shock, drop-link and
> spring-plate as a unit when I have had to change a rear shock, and
> seperate

=====
Dan
The Garden State (What Exit?)