Re: Question about rear damper links...

To: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>, "'MG list'"
Subject: Re: Question about rear damper links...
From: "Telewest \(PH\)" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 09:40:57 +0100
I think this is 'normal', which is why I remove the shock, drop-link and
spring-plate as a unit when I have had to change a rear shock, and seperate
the drop link from the lever-arm on the bench where I have more space.  The
bolt is in a rubber bush in the ball, as I recall, for some sound and
vibration insulation, so cannot be 'solid'.  Overall suspension design
usually takes into account any rubber bushes etc., which is why changing the
rubber bushes on the springs for something with much less or no resilience
*may* result in better handling but also in a harsher ride.