(no subject)

To: idcb@airborne.com
Subject: (no subject)
From: Aeseeyou@aol.com
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2002 16:18:14 EDT
At approx. 9/16/2002 9:58:43 AM Pacific Standard Time David Breneman wrote:

>>Does anybody else remember that the US government was seriously >>
considering banning the manufacture/sale of convertibles in the late 70s?  >>
That's one of the scares that lead to the death of Abingdon, and the British >
>government funding of Delorean in its stead.

And here all this time I had been angry and upset with BMC/British Leyland
for its inept business practices and total lack of vision(i.e. the TR-7 &
TR-8) and the rise in popularity of such cars as the Datsun/Nissan
240-260-280-300, the MR-2, the RX-7 and other such user friendly Japanese
vehicles for the death of the once lively sales of British cars here in the
US. Ever restricting EPA and emmissions control regulations,along with ever
worsening automotive build quality that plagued the vast majority of American
and British auto manufacturers during the last 30 years of the last century
also help to bring about the end of the all but the most expensive of the
British auto manufacturers (Jaguar, Lotus, Rolls and Bentley, Aston Martin,
Rover & Land-Rover and Morgan)

Albert Escalante
1978 MGB