Re: Spin on oil filter replacement...

To: "Wil Boucher" <william@greenmgb.com>
Subject: Re: Spin on oil filter replacement...
From: "Jerry Causey" <ggcausey@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 11:12:34 -0800
Wil:
Check out the famous Mopar oil filter study at this URL (it's
mirrored on several different sites):
http://www.scuderiaciriani.com/rx7/oil_filter_study/
The author of the study really likes the AC Delco and Wix filters.

I personally use Wix 51068 or NAPA Gold 1068 (same filter).
Others swear by the Mann, available from Volvo dealers, which I
don't think is mentioned in the study. NEVER use Fram. The anti-
drain back valve in Fram lasts about a day (if that long), after which
it takes 30-45 seconds from when you first start your engine to refill
the filter can and finally send oil to your bearings. Wix and Mann
valves work, and hold oil in the filter can, so you have oil pressure
almost immediately on a cold start. You can cross-reference to
filters from other manufacturers (if there is no MGB listing) by
looking for one to fit a 360CID Dodge V-8 engine from the 1970's.

Regards,
Jerry Causey
1967 MGB GT