Re: overdrive questions

To: MG Nuts <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: overdrive questions
From: Skye Poier <skye@ffwd.cx>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 16:11:12 -0700
Your top gear is 1:1 right now and would be 0.82:1 in Top O/D with a
4-synchro box.  In top you should be seeing 3910 rpm currently, and you
will see about 3167 with the overdrive (using factory mph/100rpm ratios
of 17.9 and 22.1 respectively).

British Automotive www.mgbmga.com has an excellent writeup on swapping
in the overdrive trans.  Since you already have an all-sync trans in
your early car, it should be a direct swap, with a little bit of wiring
but no additional bodywork.

Having done a LOT of long distance driving in my MGB, I definately
recommend the overdrive.

Skye
66 B

--
1966 MGB - GHN3L     Safety Fast!             __,__\__
The MGB Experience   www.mgbexperience.com   (_o____o_)