MGB Speedometer/prop

To: MG car club <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Speedometer/prop
From: Phil Cleobury <mgsoftt@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 15:28:12 -0800 (PST)
Hi

I just finished restoring my 1968 MGB Roadster, and
the last thing that happend before I laid it up for
the winter was the speedo stopped working and Im
geting an early start on repairs for the spring!!

Can someone advise me what is the "number" of the
speedo that I need is for my setup ie Overdrive,
standard diameter wheels, on a 1968 Roadster.

Dose anyone have a contact for a good "compedative"
instrument referbisher, I can buy one from?

Also, does it matter which I use, a propshaft from a
standard transmission or an overdirve transmission...I
know that they are diffrerent lengths! but I have
both!..I dont know which one, but one is off balance.

Regards
Phil