RE: Lucas Electrical Emergency Team

To: Chuck Renner <crenner@dynalivery.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lucas Electrical Emergency Team
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:28:33 -0700 (PDT)
> It's not that simple.  These are highly complex
> systems with very odd
> behaviour... As
> such, it's not a
> matter of having enough capacity, but simply a
> matter of the
> infrastructure protecting itself from real damage.

That may be true, but this is an excerpt from today's
Charlotte Observer:

"While energy experts disagreed on the precise cause
of Thursday's power blackout, they were in agreement
that the extensive failure betrayed the age of the
Northeast's transmission system and its failure to
keep up with demand.  'We are a major superpower with
a Third World electrical grid,' said Gov. Bill
Richardson of New Mexico, the Energy Secretary under
the Clinton administration.  'Our grid is antiquated,
and it needs serious modernization.'"

I know just how he feels.  My old Alfa Romeo is
constantly betraying the age of it's transmission system...

=====
Paul Misencik
1971 MGB Vintage Race Project
www.sopwithracing.com