Re: Removing head studs -- advice needed.

To: "Simon Matthews" <simon_atwork@hotmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Removing head studs -- advice needed.
From: "steve devine" <stevedevine@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 20:16:44 -0500
    Hi Simon,

                        If you already have the head off you have most of
the work behind you in my humble opinion. The last real tough one I  tried
to double up the nuts, lock them together and back out the studs.
 The nuts striped off the studs. I used a mig welder to weld the nuts to the
studs along with a lot of PB blaster ( rust penetrater to help remove rusty
bolts and nuts) Between the lubricant and the heat
I was able to back them all  off successfully. I only recommend welding the
nuts to the studs to as a last ditch effort if all else has failed. Some of
the other members have suggested that there is a bolt remover tool but I am
not familiar with this method. maybe someone out there can enlighten us.

 Good luck.

Steve D