Re: Seat belts

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Seat belts
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 17:06:51 -0700
I find that there is a lot of room for manual adjustment in the top seal
arrangement. After erecting the top, it pays to get fussy poking and pulling
that chubby "roll" so as to eliminate any gaps where you can see daylight.

On a related note, the studs on my car seem to be awfully long -- even with
the lift-the-dot fasteners completely "locked", they can be shoved down
another quarter-inch onto the posts; but there is nothing to keep them in
this position -- they naturally want to pull up to the top of the posts,
where the retaining groove is. This understandably leads to a
less-than-perfect seal. If you have a similar situation, I think you can get
shorter studs. I have never bothered because the soft top is merely an
emergency expedient for me -- if the weather is sufficiently bad, I mount
the hard top.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149