RE: Carb & Trans Oil Questions

To: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>,
Subject: RE: Carb & Trans Oil Questions
From: "Rick Lindsay" <rick@stoolhead.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 12:39:55 -0500
Skip, the simple SUs are the best, in my book.
The add-on junk of the later carbs is mostly for
emissions and ease of operation.  If you can pull
a choke handle, you are "there".  Then again, you
might want to NOT listen to me.  For a casual ro
daily driver, I would use a Weber DGV. :-o

rick

>> The thing about the SUs I like the most is their simplicity and the HS
series work fine and are the most basic.  Unless someone can tell me why the
HIFs are better (a lot of people have told me to keep the HIFs, but no one
has provided a good reason), I plan to switch to HS-4s.  Anyone - why are
HIF4s better than HS4s (not including emissions) ?????