RE: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: "Stephen West-Fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:47:26 -0400
My problem with the hybrids is that they don't seem all that much more
efficient than, say, a Jetta GTI, with real fuel mileage in the 50mpg range.
I also remember that a long time ago ('80s perhaps) one of the Hondas got
very high 40s. I just don't see the advantage of the current crop of
hybrids. Now, I will admit that these current cars are probably much
friendlier to the environment from an emissions standpoint, but not from the
non-renewable resource standpoint.

I'm thinking about putting together an electric when I get my current
projects completed. I have a daily 20 mile round trip at about 55mph (well,
this is St. Petersburg), so I think it would work well. Then I can let TECO
worry about my emissions.