RE: Alternatives to de-smogging

To: Stephen West-Fisher <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Alternatives to de-smogging
From: "Paul M." <rowman22001@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:43:29 -0700 (PDT)
--- Stephen West-Fisher wrote:
> My problem with the hybrids is that they don't seem
> all that much more efficient than, say, a Jetta
> GTI, with real fuel mileage in the 50mpg range.

Really?  The EPA rates the Jetta with the 2.0L four
cylinder engine at 24 city and 31 highway.  These
figures compare to the EPA ratings of 60mpg city and
51 highway for the Prius.  The recent article on the
Prius I read saw the returning 50 MPG in mixed use,
and I'd guess the Jetta would return somewhere around
26 or 27.    That's a HUGE difference.

But my point really was not that the Prius is the
be-all and end-all of motorcars, just that it's
heading the right direction.  It utilizes technology
that - of supported - will only get better over time.

Again, JMHO

=====
Paul Misencik - 1971 MGB - www.sopwithracing.com

THE CAROLINA TROPHY - 2005