Re: storage

Subject: Re: storage
From: David Breneman <david_breneman@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 2004 15:50:21 -0700 (PDT)
--- Paul Root <ptroot@iaces.com> wrote:

> You'd think a place that gets 60 inches of snow a year would have
> people that can drive in snow. But they can't, the first real snow
> of the year and there's a wreck every couple miles.
>
> This in a place where everyone has to have a SUV.

We don't get much snow here in western Washington, but when we
do it's best to stay home.  I usually end up behind someone who
thinks the best way to drive in the snow is to never exceed
5 miles per hour, up or down hill; and in front of someone who
thinks the best way to drive in the snow is just like you'd
drive on dry pavement.

And the next morning, fully 2/3 of all the vehicles you see
in the ditches are 4WD.  Nobody seems to realize that 4WD
doesn't repeal the laws of Newtonian physics.

=====
David Breneman         david_breneman@yahoo.com