Dementia or Addiction ??

To: "MG Digest \(E-mail\)" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Dementia or Addiction ??
From: "Christian, Skip" <wellner.christian@navy.mil>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 12:11:55 -0500
I think its more of an addiction....
List is cars owned and that I actually drove.  All bought used except the two
listed.
1967 Datsun RL411
1963 Austin Healey 3000 (very cheap, extreme rust bucket, parts)
1963 Austin Healey 3000 (cheap, flood sale, but ran/drove great)
1969 Alfa Spyder (red, hit seven times in two years, none my fault)
1964 TR-4 (exceptionally reliable)
1967 Alfa Spyder (made one from two using earlier '69)
1967 Datsun 1600 Roadster
1969 Jaguar XKE Conv (POS, but great experience)
1963 Oldsmobile Dynamic 88 (powerful tank)
1969 Alfa Spyder
1979 BMW 320i
1978 MGB (fire sale car:-)
1981 Datsun 280ZX (bought new)
1981 Alfa Spider (bought new) (POS - flexible flyer)
1981 VW Scirocco (stolen) (superb except for susp bushing size & power)
1985 Toyota MR2 (a real kick, only year for factory rear bar)
1973 Alfa Spider (strong for two liter once cam timing changed from emission
spec)
1882 Volvo Turbo (2 door)
1985 Chevy Caprice (I loved the way people moved over)
1987 Buick Grand National (w/ nitrous & serious power upgrades)
1988 Toyota Supra MA70 (have now - parts car)
1986 Toyota Supra MA70 (have now) (same increase in power as Alfa once cam
timing changed)
1980 Toyota Corona SW (have now - classic SUV :-)
1974 MGB (have now)

        Here's a question for everyone.  Exactly what makes you either own or
desire a particular car (for street use) ??
        For me, its completely balanced sensory input.  The car has to provide
the perfect balance of feel, handling, throttle response, power, & looks.  Have
never been able to afford a good, perfectly balanced car with lots of power.
Must be good looking enough to make me want to look at it (at least from 1 or 2
angles :-).  Perfect throttle response has priority over lots of power.  If an
automatic, must be able to make it up the hill at cruise speed, without
downshifting.  Cannot keep breaking down once I've sorted it.  There has to be
quality parts available.

Skip