Re: Somewhat Embarrassing Question

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Somewhat Embarrassing Question
From: "Phil Bates" <jello@ida.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 19:18:21 -0700 (MST)
As someone else said, drop into 2nd before going into first.  That is one
of the easiest things to do to make it easier to change gears.  Even with
that, though, the gears aren't necessarily going to be lined up.  I find
that it's easiest to move from second to first when wthe clutch is in, and
your are slowing down to a stop, just barely moving - maybe 1 or 2 mph.
It is easier thanfully stopped, and shouldn't cause any broken teeth.

Phil Bates
'58 MGA (3 synchro)
'67 MGB (3 synchro with overdrive)