Re: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.
From: Rocky Frisco <rock@rocky-frisco.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:06:25 -0600
Paul Root wrote:

> Well, I don't know. Back when I was in 9th grade, my
> Science teacher was of the opinion that we should take all
> non metric things and throw them in an ocean and make a new
> reaf. Back then, let's see, was that '78/79 or so? There was
> political talk and maybe even a pseudo plan to convert to
> metric. Everything made in the US was with Standard English
> sizes.

Am I wrong? I thought the Dodge was all metric.

> Now, there is no glimmer of a plan. Not on any politicians
> radar. However, many things made are using Metric.

I have a nice hodge-podge of every kind of wrench in my toolbox, metric
and SAE, all resting peacefully together, maybe even a whitworth or two
in there. They never argue about God or blow anybody up. I just use the
one that's appropriate.   ;)

> Maybe we're further along than we think. We all think in
> English weights and measures.

They are more human-friendly than the metric system, which is more
number-friendly.

> I think I like it better this way. The less Politicians are
> in my life the better.

Yes! (High Five!) Can't disagree with that!!

-Rock    http://www.rocky-frisco.com
--
Rocky Frisco's LIBERTY website: http://www.liberty-in-our-time.com/
The World's Best Daily News Service: http://www.rationalreview.com/