RE: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.

To: "'Eric Erickson'" <eric@erickson.on.net>,
Subject: RE: Why do (or did) the British drive on the left.
From: "Frank P. Marrone" <itswonderful@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:32:53 -0800
A few things about the US to keep in mind.  We always talk about tenths of
gallons when referring to fuel and never quarts or pints. We always talk
about decimal fractions of miles or simple divisions such as 1/4 or 1/2 mile
and never feet let alone yards or rods or chains (yikes!) when we are
talking about distances traveled in car.  And finally you have to remember
the red neck mentality, there ain't no way your agonna get the folks in the
heartland to start talking about how many kee-lometers it is to Aunt Ems' or
that the Dodge gets such and such kee-lometers per liter.

Besides, the math required for the conversions to help ease such a switch is
beyond most of us anyway.

Frank
Cloverdale, CA
1986 Camaro plus and MGB GT up on blocks that I'm afixn' on.